Nicaragua Real Estate Casa Granada Properties


Real Estate Nicaragua Casa Granada Properties


01-01-2007


Logo:Nicaragua Real Estate
Telephone:505 2552 0313
Email: info@casagranadaproperties.com
Address:San Francisco Convent 1/2 block to the West, Corrales st.Granada, Nicaragua
Place:Granada, Nicaragua
Special offers:Nicaragua Real Estate Listing

Nicaragua Real Estate Leon Nicaragua Real Estate

Leon Nicaragua Real Estate


The first city named León in Nicaragua was established in 1524 by Francisco Hernández de CórdobaLeon Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools . Learn Spanish in Leon Nicaragua about 20 miles east of the present site. The city was abandoned in 1610, after an eruption of the Momotombo volcano, located only a couple miles away, which left extensive damage in the form of flooding from Lake Managua.

The inhabitants decided to move to its current location next to the Indigenous town of Subtiava. The ruins of the abandoned city are known as “León Viejo” and were excavated in 1960. In the year 2000, León Viejo was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site.

It is also the second largest city in Nicaragua, after Managua. It was founded by the Spaniards as Santiago de los Caballeros de León and rivals Leon, Nicaragua, in the number of historic Spanish colonial homes and churches. As of 2005, the city had an estimated population of about 175,000 people which increases sharply during university season with many students coming from other Nicaraguan provinces. It is the capital and municipality of the León department.Spanish courses in Leon Nicaragua .

León is located along the Río Chiquito (Chiquito River), some 90 km northwest of Managua, and some 18 km east of the Pacific Ocean coast. Although less populous than Managua, León has long been the intellectual center of the nation, with its university founded in 1813. León is also an important industrial, agricultural (sugar cane, cattle, peanut, plantain, sorghum) and commercial center.